During the 90's this chapel has been restored . It is consiedered as an important and interesting stage in "les Chemins du Baroque". It has been listed historical monument since October 2nd 1992.
The Notre de la Salette Chapel was built in 1621 by the Brotherhood Notre de La Salette after receiving permission from Msg BOBBA. Every member participated in its construction depending on their own means.
On May 30th, 1741, the permit of construction was given to the Brotherhood, to build a new chapel as the last one had fallen into ruins.
In 1746, 20 roof panellings were painted by Joseph de Dominique from Rosse de Valessia.
After the arrival of the French revolutionaries, building work on the chapel was left aside.
Then it was renovated in 1860 thanks to the priest, Pasquier, who named it after Notre Dame de La Salette. He also commissioned Mr Cavalli from Grenoble the painting which adorns the altar and the replacement of 2 medals in the ceiling of the chapel. The walls were decorated by Maggia, a painter from Saint Jean de Maurienne.