The des Villards chapel is a Baroque monument of the 18th century which is still part of the Fontcouverte environment.
In 1622, the small chapel was built at the bottom of the village under the name “La Visitation”
It was falling into ruins and in 1696 a field was bought by the village. The works, though, started in 1713.
The first mass was celebrated in 1715. Nevertheless the church was already in a bad state and rapidly, it was necessary to replace the vault by a panelling consisting of medallion paintings with symbols. The artist’s name is still unknown.
In 1755, the permit of construction was given to build a chapel on a new field at the top of Cromlech relic as the last one was failing into ruins. It is still visible today but is in a very bad state. A restauration would be necessary.