Built by the « Fourniers » family in Materey, the chapel was first known as the “ Notre Dame et de St Claude” chapel.
It was rebuilt in 1639 in the former village of “Fourniers” under the name of St Claude.
As the chapel was located in a slippery field, a new chapel was built in The La Bise village. By 1858, the chapel was in a state of ruin. Therefore, five keystone and spurs were put into place to hold the East wall. After decision the inside and outside were decorated by Gautheri Antoine.